Blood Cleanup at Industrial and Commercial Locations
Any type of homicide, suicide, accidental, or unattended death that occurs at an industrial or commercial location has special considerations for fluid and blood cleanup. Owners of these types of locations are concerned about lost productivity and often try to remedy the situation as quickly as possible. Since many of these locations feature concrete and other hard surfaces, owners might be inclined to clean up in-house, and employee safety can often be overlooked.
The professionals at Biotrauma, Inc. are well versed in the risks that accompany blood cleanup, and encourage industrial and commercial property owners to consider the following:
- Blood cleanup exposes the technician to a variety of communicable disease like Hepatitis, HIV, and more.
- Blood and other biologically hazardous wastes must be cleaned in accordance with state and federal regulations mandating:
- Protective equipment
- Hepatitis B vaccinations provided at the company’s expense
- Proper medical treatment for exposures
- Development of an Annual Exposure Control Plan that examines new technologies and documents the use of safer medical devices
If these regulations are not followed, the employer could face serious penalties or worker’s compensation claims.
Certified Blood Clean Up
Biotrauma, Inc. provides blood clean up services that fully decontaminate an area with hospital-grade, EPA registered disinfectants. Upon completion, a Certificate of Treatment is issued that declares the property has been decontaminated in accordance with Federal (OSHA, EPA) and State (DNR) regulations.
While Biotrauma, Inc. can provide blood clean up at any commercial or industrial location where tragedy occurs, we have in-depth experience at a variety of industrial and commercial locations, including:
- Hotels & Motels
- Construction sites
Contact us now for more information on our commercial and industrial crime scene and blood clean up services.